- GLOBAL CITY
- QUEZON CITY
St. Luke's Breast Center is a dedicated venue for the evaluation, diagnosis and management of breast diseases.
It provides the expertise and facilities for a multi-disciplinary and protocol-based evaluation and management of breast conditions.
Gathered under one roof are all the specialties needed in breast care to give women an easier time in getting the doctors and referrals they need. These specialists include Surgeons, Radiologists, Medical and Radiologic Oncologists, Ob-Gynecologists, and even Psychiatrists, among others. Specialists are also available to address and support the emotional needs of each individual and their loved ones.
As a one-stop-center for breast diagnosis and treatment, the Breast Center not only makes it convenient for women to have regular check-ups and screenings as needed, it also serves as the focal point for public education, information dissemination, and awareness on all aspects of breast diseases.
Available at the St. Luke's Breast Center are the most advanced facilities, including a minor operating room for fine needle aspiration, core needle, stereotactic, needle localization procedures, and excision and incision biopsies.
For early breast cancer treatment, the Center provides patients effective treatment modalities supported by the latest technology available. It performs cutting-edge surgical procedures including:
- Modified radical mastectomy
- Breast conservation surgery
- Plastic surgery reconstruction
For complete and holistic breast care, the Breast Center is the top-notch, one-stop destination that provides patients with everything they need.
- Digital Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Automated Breast Volume Scanner
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Breast MRI
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) Biopsy
- Core Needle Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Vacuum Assisted Breast Biopsy
- Excision Biopsy
- Image-guided Needle Location Biopsy
- Treatment Services
- Breast surgery/surgical oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- After Care Support
- Support groups/coordination
- Plastic reconstructive surgery
- Referrals to international partners
- Cosmetic support/store
Compared to the traditional mammograms, digital mammography gives better images and produces minimal artifacts which could be misread as findings of disease or even obscure important findings. It also uses less radiation making it safer for patients. It also employs less breast compression, therefore, the procedure is not as uncomfortable as the traditional mammogram.
The Breast Center can store images of the digital mammogram like a digital camera for comparison of subsequent mammogram films.
The digital mammograms of St. Luke's-Quezon City and St. Luke's-Global City have been awarded the gold seals of accreditation by the prestigious organization, the American College of Radiology. The gold seal ensures the equipment meets the highest level of image quality and patient safety and that the facility meets the ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards.
The Breast Ultrasound emits high-frequency sound waves that produce sharp, high-contrast images that allow doctors to properly identify masses in the breast. When used as an adjunct to the mammogram, the Breast Ultrasouond is known to increase detection of non-palpable breast cancers by 42 per cent.
The Breast Ultrasound of St. Luke's-Quezon City hasbeen awarded the gold seal of accreditation by the prestigious organization, the American College of Radiology. The accreditation guarantees the equipment meets the highest level of image quality and patient safety and that the facility meets the ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards.
Automated Breast Volume Scanner
The Automated Breast Volume Scanner (ABVS) produces 3D volume images and multi-planar viewing of the entire breast from the skin to the chest wall by scanning the entire breast. Scanning time is shorter compared to using the usual ultrasound machine with reduced operator dependence and variability.
Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Vacuum Assisted Breast Biopsy
The hallmark of the St. Luke's Breast Center is a Mammotone Biopsy System, a vacuum-assisted breast biopsy system that facilitates a fast, highly accurate diagnosis of suspicious lesions with minimal tissue trauma and patient discomfort.
- Aesthetic Surgery Center
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Center
- Breast Center
- Center for Congenital Heart Disease
- Center for Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrine Disorders
- Center for Joint Replacement Surgery
- Liver Disease and Transplant Center
- Center for Renal Diseases
- Complex Wound Care Center
- Comprehensive Brain Tumor Center
- Comprehensive Occupational Health and Environmental Safety Services (COHESS)
- Comprehensive Pelvic Floor Center
- Comprehensive Sleep Disorders Center
- Dermatology Center
- Geriatric Center
- Memory Center
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Movement Disorders Center
- Neurodevelopmental Center
- Obesity and Weight Management Center
- Pain Management Center
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Center
- Rheumatology, Allergology and Immunology Center
- Stone and Prostate Treatment Center
- Stroke Center
- Varicose Vein Center
- Vision Laser Center
- Voice, Swallowing and Sinus Center